No matter what kind of business you have overseas, it’s safe to say that a large portion of it is based in the internet. How solid is your company’s internet protection legally? It’s always a good time to make sure you are protected from lawsuits and have a solid exit strategy in place for your website. Whether you’re just getting started, or you’ve been in your business for a while, it’s time to start considering your liability and taking steps toward the best legal strategies for your company.
- SoCal Internet Lawyer
- Episode Sponsor: Traveling Mailbox
The SoCal Internet Lawyer
Richard Chapo has been in the industry for over 25 years, specifically consulting business owners on their internet policies and practices. He maintains and advises his clients over the course of their business, and has seen many situations that many never imagined they would encounter. With the rapidly increasing changes in the global internet, seeking legal expertise is imperative. The various issues Richard has encountered with digital non-compliance, liabilities, and exit strategies, have proved detrimental or life saving depending on whether or not his clients were prepared.
The knowledge you will glean from Richard, even just in this interview, will prove to be so valuable! Here are just a few of the topics that we discussed:
- Terms and Conditions – contracting appropriately with your users
- At what point you should begin developing an exit strategy and why that matters
- The effects that a divided global web will mean for your company
- How to identify and build upon your assets
- Appropriately dealing with cross-border transactions and the various laws of each country
I hope you’ve enjoyed listening, and make sure to leave a review of The Expat Entrepreneur:
- Leave a review on iTunes
- Leave a review on Stitcher
- Leave a review on Google Play